The Rev. Robert Beazley, T’16, is a second generation Floridian having grown up in Tallahassee, Florida. Raised at St. John’s Episcopal Church, he took a semester off from college to live outside of Province IV and experience the broader church. He worked for Episcopal Relief and Development in Galveston, Texas, leading volunteer group in the recovery effort of Hurricane Ike. This work affirmed his call to the priesthood. He met his wife, the Rev. Liz Embler-Beazley in seminary and they now live in New Orleans, Louisiana. After serving two years as the chaplain, religion teacher, and associate of St. Andrew’s Episcopal Church and School, Robert is now the priest-in-charge of St. Michael’s Episcopal Church in Mandeville, Louisiana. This relatively young church, founded in 1986, is located in one of the fastest growing parishes [counties] of the state. Territory: Louisiana/Mississippi
School of Theology alumni council members represent dioceses or geographical areas. Click on the territory map in the "In This Section" above to see the regions they cover.
The mission of the council is to support the efforts of the alumni and advancement offices in the following ways:
- Make a personal annual fund gift.
- Follow up with alumni in their diocese and nearby areas to secure annual fund gifts.
- Assist staff in identifying prospective non-alumni donors.
- Brainstorm with staff on fundraising strategies.
- Encourage support from alumni parishes through the One Percent Gift for Theological Education program.
- Encourage alumni participation in the annual DuBose Lectures & Alumni Gathering.