The University will have an outdoor, in-person commencement for the School of Theology's class of 2021 on Sunday, May 16, at 9 a.m., in the context of a Morning Prayer service. Graduating students should wear their hoods to the service. The service will be live-streamed, however, for those who will feel safer attending virtually.
Students are welcome to attend and see their classmates graduate. If you would like to attend, please request a ticket from Sandra Brock.
Changes to the Schedule
To work around bad weather, the time may change.
Only in the case of an extreme weather situation that lasts the whole day, will the service will be moved to All Saints' Chapel.
You will be notified by text if any changes occur to the plan.
This web page will also have the most up-to-date information.
Guests of Graduates
Up to six guests per graduate will be able to attend the outdoor service, which will be held on Hardee-McGee field.
Guests will not need to quarantine or test before the service.
In the case of an extreme weather situation, guests will be able to view the live stream in Guerry Auditorium.
Live Stream Link
Commencement rehearsal will take place at Hardee-McGee field on Saturday, May 15, beginning at 1:30 p.m.
Commencement Day Photos
1) Formal group photos—by degree, and of the total group—will be taken in the University Quad beginning at 8 a.m. sharp on Sunday, May 16 and ending at 8:30 a.m. Please be prompt and arrive dressed in your commencement attire.
If you are not planning to be at the 8 a.m. photo event, please respond to this email with that information so we don’t hold up the process waiting for you. If you are planning to be there, no response is necessary.
2) There will be a shuttle waiting at the quad to take you to the football field at the end of the photo session.
3) Everyone receiving a diploma will be photographed individually during the service.
4) Informal photos will be taken throughout commencement beginning at 9 a.m. at the football field. If you would like to have a family/friend photo taken after the service, you may ask the photographer, Cortney Smith. She is happy to accommodate.
5) All photos will be available for viewing and downloading on the School's Flickr site approximately one week after the ceremony. A link to the School's Flickr site may be found in the lower right-hand corner on every page of the website (the double dot icon between the Facebook and Twitter icons).
Parking and Transportation
Attendees to the event may park at the following locations:
* Hardee‐McGee football field—handicap parking
* Fowler Center lot
* Rear Fowler Center lot
* Athletic practice field
There will be shuttles and golf carts running to assist people getting to the football field.
Restroom facilities will be available at the field and those needing ADA approved facilities will be shuttled to the Fowler Center.