Give to the School of Theology
Make a Transforming Difference
Stronger Truer Sewanee will help to prepare a new generation of church leaders through a superb seminary education and programs for laity. Through resources made available by the campaign, we will move the School of Theology to its historic home on central campus and bolster financial aid, ensuring that all graduates begin their ministries with no debt related to their seminary education. New programs for laity at the Beecken Center will complement ordained ministry by building the church from the grassroots.
Why give to the Sewanee Fund?
Your best gift to the campaign through the Sewanee Fund may be designated for Educating Tomorrow’s Church Leaders. While a gift at any level can help, here are some benchmarks to inform your giving:
- Cover costs for an Education for Ministry student for one year with a gift of $500.
- Send a high school student to the SUMMA debate camp or cover administrative costs with a gift of $1,000.
- Underwrite a faculty member’s travel for professional development with a gift of $2,000.
- Make a gift of $3,000 to foster community engagement as part of a seminarian’s educational experience.
- Provide an incentive scholarship with a gift of $10,000.
If you are interested in a gift that goes beyond current-use dollars, you may want to give to endowment, a capital project, or make a planned gift. While gifts of any size are welcome and appreciated, naming opportunities begin at $50,000. Named endowments can be created to support scholarships, internships, faculty fellowships, endowed chairs, or programs and program-related activities that create opportunity, reinforce academic distinction, enhance the Sewanee experience, and educate tomorrow's church leaders.