Rector, McMinnville, OR
St. Barnabas Episcopal Church, Diocese of Oregon
St. Barnabas is seeking a Rector who has a compelling spiritual life and a passion for the Gospel, is a capable leader who believes in mutual ministry, expecting and supporting lay leadership, and who is willing to be active in the community. McMinnville is a small city one hour from Portland, Oregon and ½ hour from the Pacific coast. It is located in the middle of the Willamette Valley wine country with rolling hills, vineyards and evergreen forests. The city has excellent schools, and active business community and a hospital. The church building is well maintained, situated in a beautiful natural setting. St. Barnabas has an on-site soup kitchen that serves dinner 4 nights per week, totaling over 30,000 meals per year. The Rector serves on the board as the “executive director”.
• Ordained Episcopal Priest, accessible with an open communication style willing to respond to the needs of parishioners.
• Seeks to create Episcopal worship services that bring current members into the presence of God and attract others into that presence.
• Enjoys a variety of music and seeks to enhance that ministry within the church.
• Will help facilitate Christian education for children and adults.
• Actively participates in fellowship and outreach activities.
This is a half- to three-quarter-time position.
For more information about this position please contact Senior Warden Henry Kass. Applications will be received until the position is filled.