Youth Minister, Dallas, Tex.
Episcopal Church of the Good Shepherd, Diocese of Dallas
The Episcopal Church of the Good Shepherd is seeking a full-time Youth Minister to direct and enhance our ministries with students and their families, including the sixth grade confirmation class and middle and high school youth groups. Good Shepherd is a mid-sized, moderate congregation in an affluent neighborhood in north Dallas. The church campus is home to a Pre-K thru eighth grade school.
Working in collaboration with the Student Ministry Director, this person will
- Provide for weekly opportunities for youth formation, education, and community
- Plan, promote, and lead youth mission trips and service projects
- Build relationships with students and their families and provide pastoral care to help create a vibrant student community
- Recruit, develop, and empower volunteers serving in the youth ministry.
- Manage administrative tasks, including communications, youth ministry calendar, and budget.
The ideal candidate will have the following: a minimum of three years experience in youth ministry or school chaplaincy; a Bachelor’s Degree; experience in the Episcopal church tradition; experience in recruiting and developing volunteers. This person must be a team player working collaboratively with clergy, staff, and volunteers. Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience.
This is a full-time position.
Applications will be accepted until May 11, 2018. Applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to Wynesia Jackson.