Spiritual Life Coordinator (Summer), Ivoryton, CT
Incarnation Camp and Conference Center, Diocese of New York
Incarnation Center is an Episcopal camp and conference center located in Connecticut’s shoreline region (about 2 hours from NYC and Boston). Established in 1886 by Church of the Incarnation (Manhattan), Incarnation Camp is the longest running co-ed summer camp in the US. Today Incarnation is home to a variety of summer and year-round programs, including: overnight summer camps, day summer camps, a nature center, a retreat center, ropes course, working farm, after-school programs and community-oriented outdoor skills workshops.
Mission: Individual growth, discovery of life and renewal of faith are at the heart of Incarnation Center, a ministry of the Episcopal Church. We welcome all to our conference, retreat, camp and nature center programs and facilities in a beautiful environment where people, ideas and spirit flourish.
Incarnation Camp seeks a Spiritual Life Coordinator to join our team for the summer of 2018. The SLC will work closely with the Center’s chaplain to facilitate spiritual life for Incarnation’s campers and young adult staff members. This is a great opportunity for someone currently enrolled in an MDiv program (or equivalent/ recent graduate/ discerning seminary education). Incarnation will work with the student and their school to coordinate academic credit, if possible.
RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE:
- Working with the Center’s Chaplain to coordinate spiritual life for the Camp’s various programs
- Working with camper units to organize camper-led chapel for Sunday evenings
- Pastoral care for campers and camp staff as needed
- Coordinating spiritual offerings for summer camp staff
- Other responsibilities/ learning opportunities as identified in learning agreement
- Passion for working with and teaching children and young adults in the outdoors
- Experience teaching Religious Education in a diverse setting
- Willingness to be open to other people’s beliefs and worshipping styles
- Enthusiasm, sense of humor, willingness to act goofy, patience and adaptability
- Experience working in a summer camp setting a plus! General comfort level working/ camping outdoors
- Currently enrolled in an M.Div. program (or similar/ recent graduate/ discerning seminary)
- Passion for camping, outdoor ministry and working with youth
- Summer stipend
- Paid Training (CPR, Wilderness First Aid, Life guard)
- Room and board provided
- Ability to take part in extended wilderness adventures (hiking on the Appalachian Trail, Canoeing on the CT River, biking up the New England coast, etc.)
- Access to 740 acres of property and mile-long, private lake
- Work in a dynamic and exciting environment with staff from all over the world
Dates: June 18- August 18, 2018 (approx.).
Please submit resume and letter of interest to Dana Stivers, or call (860) 767-0848 ext. 106 for more information