Come & See 2019
Be our guest!
Be our guest for Come & See 2019
The School of Theology at The University of the South is committed to forming the next generation of church leaders through a robust academic education. We invite you to visit if you are interested in earning a graduate degree in a theological environment preparing for lay or ordained leadership in the Church.
Come learn how a theological education can inform and shape your life in ministry:
- Master of Divinity
- Master of Arts (Concentrations available in church history, theology, Bible, religion and environment)
- Master of Sacred Theology
- Diploma in Anglican Studies
- Certificate in Theological Studies
Once you arrive on the Mountain for Come & See, your expenses—food and campus lodging—are covered by the School of Theology.
You may register by using the online form at the bottom of this page. The deadline for registering is Feb. 15, 2019.
Registration will begin at 9 a.m.
Thursday, Feb. 28
2 p.m. Registration
9 a.m.–4:30 p.m. Optional School Tours
2–5 p.m. Pre-arranged Admission Interviews
5:45 p.m. Community Eucharist
7 p.m. Dinner and Student Activities Fair
Friday, March 1
8:05 a.m. Chapel
8:50 a.m. Class
10:30 a.m. Campus and Housing Tour
12 noon Community Eucharist
12:45 p.m. Lunch with Faculty
1:45 p.m. Academics Overview
2:20 p.m. Financial Aid Presentation
2:45 p.m. Student Life Panel
3:45 p.m. Closing
4–6 p.m. Prearranged Admission Interviews
The Come & See Weekend Includes:
- worshiping with us in the seminary’s Chapel of the Apostles and visiting the University’s All Saints’ Chapel;
- attending classes in an intimate setting taught by our highly credentialed faculty;
- engaging with faculty and students as they discuss a variety of issues regarding formation for ordained ministry, theological education, preaching excellence, and seminary life and work;
- exploring our 13,000 acre campus and discovering why our campus is in one of the most beautiful environments for education in America;
- and allowing our financial aid professionals to detail the ways we can support you as you pursue your education.
Is Sewanee for You?
- if you’re in the discernment process as a postulant or exploring your faith and ministry as a lay leader;
- if living in a faithful, diverse, and welcoming community appeals to you;
- if the daily practice of the baptismal covenant, stewardship of the Earth, and social justice is compelling to you;
- if forming a lifelong discipline of worship, prayer, and spiritual growth grounded in the Anglican tradition is essential to you;
- if the idea of daily discourse with a quality faculty who is intellectually challenging, academically engaging, and well-published is exciting to you;
- and if affiliation with, and proximity to, one of the nation’s leading liberal arts colleges located on a 13,000 acre sustainable campus, with a wide range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities, is attractive to you—please visit Sewanee and see for yourself if the School of Theology is right for you!
Where is Sewanee?
Sewanee is a “thin” place, a place charged with God’s presence, a place where the corporal and the spiritual meet. Located in middle Tennessee, up on the Cumberland Plateau, its natural beauty is unparalled.
"A Year's Journey" documents the experiences and formation that await those who enroll in the School of Theology's full time residential program. From matriculation to commencement, and all that lies in between, this video gives a visual witness to what life, study, and worship is like for our students.
Frequently Asked Questions
The School of Theology is one of the 10 recognized seminaries of The Episcopal Church. What distinguishes our seminary from the others? Here are answers to some of the most frequently asked questions from people interested in a seminary education in Sewanee.
Have a question? Email us at email@example.com.
Sewanee is in the Central Time Zone, as are most of the nearby cities except Chattanooga which is in the Eastern Time Zone. If traveling to Chattanooga or further east, remember to factor in the time change!
Flying In or Out