2012 DuBose Lectures and Alumni/ae Gathering
2012 DuBose Lectures — Nov. 1–2
The 2012 DuBose Lectures features Dr. Thomas Long, Bandy professor of preaching and coordinator of the initiative in religious practices and practical theology at Emory University's Candler School of Theology. The title of his lectures is "Preaching in More than One Language: Enchantment, Wisdom, and Embodiment." In 1996, Dr. Long was named one of the 12 most effective preachers in the English-speaking world. Preaching magazine named his book, Witness of Preaching, one of the 25 most influential books on preaching in the past 25 years.
Lecture # 1 – The Preacher Becomes Multilingual
Lecture # 2 – Preaching in the Language of Wisdom
Lecture # 3 – Preaching in the Languages of Enchantment and Embodiment
2012 Highlights of the Alumni/ae Gathering Events — Oct. 31–Nov. 1
- A reception for all, hosted by Education for Ministry, on Wed., Oct. 31
Two continuing education workshops on Wed., Oct. 31
- New Generation Latinos (NGL)
- Being a Clergy Spouse: Calling, Job, or Annoyance
- A Q&A with the Rt. Rev. Neil Alexander, dean of The School of Theology, on Wed., Oct. 31
- Spanish Holy Eucharist on Wednesday evening, Oct. 31
- Dedication of the new icon in the Chapel of the Apostles on Thurs., Nov. 1
- All Saints’ Day service with guest preacher, Dr. Thomas Long, on Thurs., Nov. 1
For a complete schedule of all of the DuBose activities with times, dates and locations, click here.