Executive Director, Lakeside Conn.
Diocese of Connecticut
DYNAMIC EPISCOPAL CAMP AND CONFERENCE CENTER IN CONNECTICUT IS LOOKING FOR A NEW EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Camp Washington is searching for a dynamic individual who will demonstrate visionary leadership in creating, overseeing and marketing its programs and facilities in an environment of Christian care, love, and acceptance. A beautiful, vibrant and highly versatile facility with 15 buildings located on 300 acres in the scenic hills of northwestern Connecticut, Camp Washington hosts a wide range of programs for children and adults throughout its twelve-month program year.
The Executive Director is responsible for the overall administration of the camp and conference center operation and for consistently achieving the organization’s goals and financial objectives. Primary responsibilities include:
• Leadership: Lead a collaborative effort with the Board of Directors to create a compelling and achievable long-range vision and strategy; work with the staff to develop exciting, challenging program goals and plans; establish strong relationships with Diocesan groups, parishes, non-profit organizations and the community.
• Marketing: Develop a year-round, multi-faceted campaign to expose Camp Washington to the greater world; expand the number of people using Camp Washington as a resource for refreshment and growth opportunities; engage alumnae, prospective guests and collaborative partners.
• Relationship and Fund Development: Partner with the Board to create a multi-year development plan; find innovative ways to identify and cultivate potential donors; establish alumni/reunion programs, family and referral programs; significantly increase scholarship donations; effectively use social media to achieve goals.
• Program Development: Provide leadership in developing innovative programs with the board and staff; demonstrate imagination & creativity in finding new ways to invigorate campers and other guests.
• Budget and Finance: Work with the board and staff to prepare the annual operating budget; develop and recommend a long range capital budget for Camp Washington based on an on going appraisal of Camp Washington’s needs and physical plant.
• Conference Center: Develop and implement comprehensive and effective marketing plans to steadily increase conference attendance; secure yearly commitments from repeat user groups; manage the annual conference center schedule.
• Summer Camp: Develop a multi-channel marketing plan with the goal of achieving 100% attendance each week camp is in session; supervise and train the part-time camp director; be a visible leader during summer camp; ensure American Camp Association Standards are being followed in all areas of the facility.
• Staff: Attract, motivate, develop and retain a diverse staff of top-quality people; create a nurturing, empowering environment that gives the staff the skills, experiences and support they need to become successful leaders.
• Facility: Develop and manage a cost-effective maintenance program to properly safeguard and preserve camp property, buildings and equipment; evaluate facility management approaches to support program expansion and possible ways to increase capacity; meet all State of CT Department of Health regulations for a year-round camp and conference facility; hire and oversee all construction and maintenance activities performed by contractors and vendors.
• Demonstrated leadership skills
• Track record of leading successful marketing campaigns and growing “customer” base
• Demonstrated success in developing innovative, cost-effective and meaningful programs
• Strong team player
• Exceptional ability to establish goals, communicate, inspire, manage staff, work with a board of directors, and publicly represent an organization
• Demonstrated ability to manage finances and achieve the organization’s goals
• 3+ years of leadership experience at a camp and/ or conference center
• Willingness/ ability to have the flexible schedule needed to support Camp Washington’s programs
• Clergy members encouraged to apply
• Bachelor’s degree
Salary range: $60,000 to $80,000. Housing possible.
This is a full time position.
The application for this position is due February 16, 2015.
If after carefully reading and praying about this position, you are interested in exploring the possibilities of the position, please submit your résumé to Jody Rodiger (email@example.com).
Posted on January 20, 2015.