Curate / Associate to the Rector, Texarkana, Tex.
Curate / Associate to the Rector
St. James' Church & School
Diocese of Dallas
St James’ Church, Texarkana, a parish of the Episcopal Diocese of Dallas, seeks a
CURATE / ASSOCIATE TO THE RECTOR
who will enhance our tradition of well-presented sacramental worship, thoughtful teaching and challenging spiritual leadership in the Church and parish Day School. This is a post with many rewards and opportunities for a hard-working and enthusiastic priest and pastor.
St James' Church is committed to excellence in ministry, building on these foundational values:
Under the Lordship of Jesus Christ,
1. We are committed to a catholic expression of the Anglican tradition. We value our membership in the worldwide Anglican Communion.
2. We are worship-centered, and place a high value on excellence in liturgy, music and preaching as the primary manner of Christian formation.
3. We are pastorally connected. We give and receive pastoral care as individual Christians, and through the various groups who minister here. We value the quality of our common life.
4. We are a learning church. Through Christian education for all ages, we seek to know the mind and will of God.
5. We reach out to our community, both as a parish and as individual Christians, seeking to show the love of Christ to all, and to welcome others into his Kingdom.
The Curate will have a shared ministry with the Rector (celebrating the Sunday and weekday Masses, preaching, teaching, pastoral care, chaplaincy to St James’ Day School, etc.).
The Curate will have particular responsibility to supervise youth programs in the parish, working cooperatively with the lay Director of Religious Education and youth leaders, and should have passion to do this work.
Preference will be given to a priest who has previous parochial experience, but a transitional deacon who is able to quickly adapt to the position will also be considered. Because of the liturgical demands of this parish, the Curate must be able to sing with a reasonable degree of proficiency and have an affinity for catholic liturgy.
Fidelity to the received teaching of the Church catholic in faith and morals is essential.
St James’ is an active program-sized parish (ASA 232), with strong lay involvement, located in Texarkana, Texas. The twin cities of Texarkana, Texas and Texarkana, Arkansas have a combined population of 75,000, located midway between Dallas and Little Rock. Texarkana has good schools, a cost of living lower than the national average, and affordable housing prices.
Compensation will include full-time stipend, housing allowance, pension contributions and health insurance. The term of appointment is for at least two years, renewable by mutual agreement.
This is a full time position.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received, and the position will remain open until filled.
To apply to this position, please send an expression of interest to:
The Rev’d Douglas Anderson
St James’ Church
413-417 Olive Street
Texarkana, TX 75501
Posted May 4th, 2015.