Companions in Ministry
Who We Are
Companions in Ministry (CIM) is composed of all spouses and partners of seminarians, faculty, and staff from The School of Theology at the University of the South. The CIM meet the third Tuesday of each month during the academic year for programs, fun, and fellowship. Spiritual direction is also offered for this community the second and fourth week of the month. The CIM organize several events during the year for the entire seminary community as well as other special events for the CIM community.
What We Do
The CIM is actively involved in many aspects of seminary community life.
- Merchandise Sales: The School of Theology designs and sells t-shirts, hats, mugs, and more. Ten percent of the proceeds go toward the discretionary fund for seminarians and their families. This fund provides small-need assistance for items like gas, groceries, etc.
- Meal Ministry: What better way to help your neighbor than to bring a hot meal in time of need. Whether due to illness, a new baby, or just being overwhelmed, the CIM will organize and deliver meals until you’re back on your feet.
- Welcome Ministry: The CIM is here to help you find what you need to make your transition to life on the Mountain as smooth as possible.
- Spiritual Direction: CIM spouses and partners are here on faith to support their seminarian. Group spiritual direction is available twice a month to provide a place for you to process with other spouses who understand where you have been as well as to enlighten what might be ahead. Individual spiritual direction is also offered.
- Bread Ministry: There’s a lot of church on the Mountain, and the CIM helps by baking Eucharistic bread for services at the Chapel of the Apostles and All Saints’ Chapel.
- Programs: The CIM organizes retreats and other planned programs for spouses to come together to learn and have fun.
- Childcare: The CIM provides care during CIM sponsored events.
- Summer Picnics: The grill is hot, basic condiments are provided, just bring a drink, something to grill and something to share every Friday night in the Woodlands for a wonderful community cookout.
- Feb. 4: Board Meeting, 7 p.m.
- Feb. 14: Date Night $12/kid or $30/family for childcare, food, and fun. Or pay regular price $8/kid or $21/family for childcare and fun. No food. 5–9 p.m. extended hours available upon request for an additional $5 / kid.
- Feb. 22–22: Come & See Support: All CIM members
- Feb. 28–March 1: CIM Retreat. Guest speakers are William Blackerby and Robin Gottfried. Sign up by Feb. 23.
- March 4: Board Meeting, 6 p.m.
- March 4: Spiritual/Devotional Gathering: Henry Lodge — Justice in the Workplace, 7 p.m.
- April 1: Board Meeting, 7 p.m.
- April 8: Searching for God, 7 p.m.
- April 11: Date Night, 5 p.m.
- April 26: Senior Brunch: Vice President/McCardells
- May 8: Children’s Crossing, 5:00 p.m.