Come & See
Feb. 19–21, 2015
A Year's Journey
"A Year's Journey" documents the experiences and formation that await those who enroll in The School of Theology's full time residential program. From matriculation to commencement, and all that lies in between, this video gives a visual witness to what life, study, and worship is like for our students.
Frequently Asked Questions
The School of Theology is one of the 10 recognized seminaries of The Episcopal Church. What distinguishes our seminary from the others? Here are answers to some of the most frequently asked questions from people interested in a seminary education in Sewanee.
Be our Guest for Come & See 2015
If you’re in the discernment process as a postulant or exploring your faith and ministry as a lay leader, a visit to The School of Theology at the University of the South is your best way to experience Episcopal seminary education in Sewanee, Tenn. Student-organized and student-led, Come & See 2015 will introduce you to community life and theological formation in one of the most beautiful settings in the nation. Once on the Mountain for Come & See, your expenses—food and campus lodging—are covered by The School of Theology.
The Come & See activities officially begin on Thursday morning, Feb. 19, at 8:30 a.m. They conclude on Saturday, Feb. 21, at 12 p.m. The schedule may be viewed here. Note that it is subject to change.
The Come & See Weekend Includes:
- worshiping with us in the seminary’s Chapel of the Apostles and the University’s All Saints’ Chapel;
- attending classes in an intimate setting taught by our highly credentialed faculty;
- engaging with faculty and students as they discuss a variety of issues regarding formation for ordained ministry, theological education, preaching excellence, and seminary life and work;
- exploring our 13,000 acre campus and discovering why our campus is in one of the most beautiful environments for education in America;
- and allowing our financial aid professionals to detail the ways we can support you as you pursue your education.
Is Sewanee for You?
- If you’re in the discernment process as a postulant or exploring your faith and ministry as a lay leader;
- if living in a faithful, diverse, and welcoming community appeals to you;
- if the daily practice of the baptismal covenant, stewardship of the Earth, and social justice is compelling to you;
- if forming a lifelong discipline of worship, prayer, and spiritual growth grounded in the Anglican tradition is essential to you;
- if the idea of daily discourse with a quality faculty who is intellectually challenging, academically engaging, and well-published is exciting to you;
- and if affiliation with, and proximity to, one of the nation’s leading liberal arts colleges located on a 13,000 acre sustainable campus, with a wide range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities, is attractive to you—please visit Sewanee and see for yourself if The School of Theology is right for you!
Where is Sewanee?
Sewanee is a “thin” place, a place charged with God’s presence, a place where the corporal and the spiritual meet. Located in Middle Tennessee, up on the Cumberland Plateau, its natural beauty is unparalled. Learn more about Sewanee.
Response to our Come & See weekend has been wonderful and we are currently not accepting any additional registrations. However, you may request to be added to the wait list or request a visit at another time by filling out the online inquiry form located on our "Future Students" page.