Come & See
Feb. 19–21, 2015
You are invited to be our guest for Come & See 2015
If you’re in the discernment process as a postulant or exploring your faith and ministry as a lay leader, a visit to The School of Theology at the University of the South is your best way to experience Episcopal seminary education in Sewanee, Tenn. Student-organized and student-led, Come & See 2015will introduce you to community life and theological formation in one of the most beautiful settings in the nation.
The Come & See weekend includes a wide range of activities:
- Worship with us in the seminary’s Chapel of the Apostles and the University’s All Saints’ Chapel.
- Attend classes in an intimate setting taught by our highly credentialed faculty.
- Engage with faculty and students as they discuss a variety of issues regarding formation for ordained ministry, theological education, preaching excellence, and seminary life and work.
- Explore our 13,000 acre campus and discover why our campus is in one of the most beautiful environments for education in America.
- Allow our financial aid professionals to detail the ways we can support you as you pursue your education.
- Once on the Mountain for Come & See, your expenses — food and campus lodging — are covered by The School of Theology.
Is Sewanee for You?
- If you’re in the discernment process as a postulant or exploring your faith and ministry as a lay leader;
- if living in a faithful, diverse, and loving community appeals to you;
- if the daily practice of the baptismal covenant, stewardship of the Earth, and social justice is compelling to you;
- if forming a lifelong discipline of worship, prayer, and spiritual growth grounded in the Anglican tradition is essential to you;
- if the idea of daily discourse with a quality faculty who is intellectually challenging, academically engaging, and well-published is exciting to you;
- and if affiliation with, and proximity to, one of the nation’s leading liberal arts colleges located on a 13,000 acre sustainable campus, with a wide range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities, is attractive to you — please visit Sewanee and see for yourself if Sewanee is right for you!
Where is Sewanee?
Sewanee is a “thin” place, a place charged with God’s presence, a place where the corporal and the spiritual meet. Located in Middle Tennessee, up on the Cumberland Plateau, its natural beauty is unparalled. Learn more about Sewanee.