Emerging Leaders Conference
The programs center of The School of Theology invites church leaders to preview funded training opportunities for lay leadership April 8-11 in Sewanee, Tenn.
At the conference you will:
- Attend workshops previewing new training and program opportunities for congregations recently funded by the Lilly Endowment and the Domestic and Foreign Missionary Society.
- Register your congregation or dioceses to be among those eligible for participation in these funded leadership-training opportunities.
Meet the directors of eight new program initiatives being offered by the programs center in 2014–2015:
- Courtney Cowart, director of the programs center and program manager for the Lilly-funded initiative Living in the Green
- Karen Meridith, director of EfM and program manager for the new EfM post-grad curriculum/training in the essential practices of discipleship
- The Very Rev. Dr. Christoph Keller, founder and director SUMMA High School Theological Debate Society
- Jim Goodmann, director of VocationCARE
- Duncan Hilton, director of programming for the Leadership Development Initiative
- Kammy Young, program manager for the Missional Enterprise Zone initiative Be the Change
- Brian Sellers Petersen, senior advisor to the president of ERD and program manager for the Faith, Farm, and Food network
Hear key note addresses and engage lively conversations with fellow church leaders on the role of non-degree lay leadership training and programs for young adults in the future of congregational renewal. Remarks presented by:
- J. Neil Alexander, dean of The School of Theology
- Wayne Meisel, director of the Center for Faith & Service, McCormick Theological Seminary
- Joy Anderson, founder and president of Criterion Ventures
Duncan Hilton, director of programming for the Leadership Development Initiative
$350 for all conference events, including daily breakfast and lunch plus dinner Wednesday night, and to host a booth at the closing programs fair. Group rate available.
Day rate: $125 per person, group rate available.
Local day rate (Sewanee residents): $100 per person, group rate available.
For information on group rates, please contact Sarah Limbaugh at email@example.com or call 931.598.1378.
For more information contact Sarah Limbaugh, firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 931.598.1378.